Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Better Late Than Never!

I am finally posting after a cold winter break. I spent a lot of time playing Dota2, steam sales, building my portfolio, looking for an intership, writing shaders, and particle systems. I have found over the break that companies are really looking for strong skills. I have skills with a variety of things from computer science to film to shaders to animations, but they really wanted to see what I was good at. I am taking that advice and working sharders and special effects for this semester. I was able to use programs like FX composer and visual studio to help write shaders and special effects.

Currently I have an ambient, diffuse, normal map, specular, and transparent shaders. I have also made a cool cartoon like fire effect. I am also working on directing the art team with animations, sounds, and level design. This is going to be an exciting semester.

I recently went to Disneyland for my wife's half marathon. It was a lot of fun! It is such a refreshing experience for an artist or animator to walk around the park and see all the time put it into to make you feel immersed in the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment